Discover the aromatic Ava herbs from Cameroon ! These hand-picked herbs are carefully dried to preserve their full quality and freshness.
Ava herbs, also known as African Basil or Scent Leaf, have a unique flavour and intense aroma that is perfect for seasoning soups, stews, rice dishes and meat. They can also be prepared fresh or dried as a tea to benefit from their healing properties.
These dried ava herbs are easy to use and can be easily incorporated into a variety of dishes and drinks. Use them as an ingredient in a savoury tomato sauce or add them to a vegetable stir-fry for extra flavour. You can also make a refreshing tea by adding a teaspoon of dried ava herbs to a cup of hot water and steep for 5 minutes.
Try this simple recipe for a delicious soup with ava herbs:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup dried ava herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add the chopped onion and garlic. Fry them for 1-2 minutes until they are soft and fragrant.
- Add the diced red pepper and tomatoes and fry for another 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Then reduce the heat and simmer the soup for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the dried ava herbs and coconut milk and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve the Ava herb soup hot and enjoy!
Try the versatile Ava herbs from West Africa today and be enchanted by their unique taste and aroma!