A healthy and inexpensive source of protein!
Red beans, like all legumes, are among the most protein-rich plant foods and, unlike those from animal sources, are free of fat.
These two characteristics make them an important health factor that contributes to a balanced diet at a lower cost!
A natural plant diuretic.
Red beans are rich in potassium and low in sodium, which gives them natural diuretic properties.
They also contain:
- Vitamin B9 (cell renewal, very interesting for pregnant women for the development of the foetus and for growing children, as well as for convalescents)
- Potassium (nervous system, muscle function, blood pressure)
- Iron (cognitive function, red blood cells, immune system, energy, reduction of fatigue)
- Phosphorus (energy, bone and dental health, cell membranes)
- Dietary fibre (regulation of bowel function, satiety)