Our Argan Edible Oil BIO is extracted from the roasted nuts of the argan tree (Argania spinosa) growing in southwestern Morocco according to the traditional, elaborate Berber method.It consists of approx. 80 % biologically active unsaturated fatty acids, especially linoleic and oleic acids, which contribute to the maintenance of a normal cholesterol level in the blood (from 10 g linoleic acid/day).
This corresponds to approx. 30 g organic argan oil roasted.As a gourmet cooking oil for the discerning kitchen, it is particularly suitable for refining salads and warm dishes with its slightly nutty aroma, but can also be taken pure (1-3 teaspoons daily). Argan Edible Oil BIO is freshly cold-pressed, 100% pure and undiluted.
The oil is BIO certified.
Argan edible oil BIO is versatile in the kitchen and can be used to refine dishes such as salads, vegetables, meat and fish as well as typical Moroccan dishes such as Amlou, a sweet spread made of argan oil, honey and almonds.
For your morning meal: instead of butter, put a few drops of argan oil on your bread. Cream cheese with argan oil also tastes delicious.
RECIPES Argan cooking oil BIO
Argan oil has an intense, nutty flavour (we are talking about the roasted variety here) and a high price. Two reasons to use it sparingly in the kitchen. Think of it as a flavouring agent, and let your culinary imagination run wild. But if you're still standing in front of the bottle of argan oil and don't know what to do with it, let our recipes inspire you.
Cook our Moroccan fish stew by using 1/4 cup of Argan Edible Oil BIO instead of the olive oil.
- Cook a delicious Lebanese lentil soup by replacing half of the olive oil with Argan cooking oil.
- Make a sensational dinner: Cook our cream of aubergine soup and add 1 teaspoon of argan oil to each serving instead of the pesto.
- Replace the olive oil in our Syrian Tomato Salad with Argan Edible Oil BIO. (Drizzle over feta cheese cubes).
- Stir gently. Leave to rest for 10 minutes. Combine the argan oil flavoured cheese with rocket leaves and tomatoes. Grind a little black pepper over the salad and serve.
- Marinate vegetables for grilling with 1/4 cup argan oil and 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Our Golden Roasted Potato Wedges taste especially good with argan oil instead of olive oil.
Argan Edible Oil BIO Grains
- Caramelise the onions for majadra using Argan Edible Oil BIO instead of olive oil.
- Cook freekah using argan oil instead of olive oil in any recipe.
Meat and poultry
- Replace olive oil with argan oil in our pine nut and rice stuffed poussins.
- Try Syrian meatballs with argan oil in the tomato sauce.
Dessert? Yes, of course.
Gently drizzle your favourite ice cream with argan oil, dip your spoon in and enjoy.
Also drizzle these dips and spreads with Argan Edible Oil BIO:
- Baba Ganoush