The noble laurel is an evergreen tree that grows in the Mediterranean region. Its lanceolate leaves give off a strong fragrance when crushed in the hands. This aroma is known in the kitchen for seasoning food. Laurel is symbolically associated with glory (laurel crown) and praise (laurel and praise have the same root "laurus").
The essential oil of laurel is to be used in low doses as it is very strong.The essential oil of laurel is obtained by distillation of fresh laurel leaves.The essential oil is Ecocert certified (CH-BIO-006).
- Laurel oil promotes concentration, has a calming effect and can relieve depression. It can improve mood and give inner security
- It stimulates the blood circulation, vitalises and cares for the skin. The oil is especially recommended for psoriasis and rashes.
- The oil has traditionally been used to alleviate digestive problems, it is known as an antiseptic, antimicrobial, expectorant and anti-infective essential oil.
- It supports breathing and the immune system, especially if you are at increased risk of infection. This effect is also beneficial when travelling in foreign countries.
- Internal use: 1 to 2 drops per 2 kg or per 2 litres of preparation.
- Room scenting: according to need (e.g. air purification and vitalisation, good mood, concentration enhancement, relaxation)
o 1-5 drops per inhalation. Use sparingly, as intensive
o Mix 2-3 drops of essence in neutral liquid soap in the cleaning water, e.g. fresh scents such as Litsea Cubeba, Lemongrass and citrus scents.
- Bath, footbath
o Dose 4-10 drops per full bath. Essential oils are not water soluble, therefore mix with a natural emulsifier, e.g. liquid soap.
- Massage, body care
o Always use essential oils diluted on the skin! Approx. 30-50 drops per 100 ml of cosmetic argan oil.
- Facial care
o Mix 5-10 drops of essential oil to 50 ml of carrier oil, e.g. prickly pear seed oil, cosmetic argan oil.
- Photosensitising essential oil: Do not expose to the sun after use.
- Wash your hands before and after using essential oils
- Do not use on pregnant women in the first 3 months of pregnancy
- Breastfeeding women: ask your doctor for advice
- Must not be used on babies and children under 7 years of age
- Do not leave essential oil bottles within reach of children